In order to use MapHelp, first the User needs to obtain the coordinates of the elements to be charted – these are usually based on:
- importance scores for a battery of statements and/or
- performance scores of a set of products / brands on a battery of statements.
These variables are usually processed throught a statistical algorithm such as correspondence, discriminant or factorial analysis which provides:
- coordinates for each statement or
- coordinate for each statement and for each product / brand.
MapHelp allows the User to plot, edit, adjust and modify the maps / charts within the Excel environment. In particular, the User is able to:
- translate (shift) the coordinates of one or more sets of elements;
- change the scale of the coordinates of one or more sets of elements;
- associate labels to the elements and move them around;
- plot the elements on a standard cartesian coordinate system or on the unit circle system;
- rotate the elements;
- plot the elements as points or as bubbles (e.g., to show a third dimension, such as importance, value, etc);
- manipulate the color of the plotted elements,
Maps can be easily exported as images to be conveniently included in a presentation or report. The User can also save the maps in a native MapHelp format for later amendments.